Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Survey Database

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
tomg
500 Views, 4 Replies

Survey Database

Well, if you can believe this, we have finally transition from Netware 6 to Windows 2012 R2 servers. However a problem has arisen that can probably be solved by those Windows gurus among you. No survey database will open and new survey databases can't be created. The message says that the SQL Server Compact ADO.NET Data provider cannot open shared memory. A temporary fix is to give full control to "everyone" on all shares on the server. This is obviously not desireable.

All C3D jobs are in the CAD share. Does anyone know what permission has to be set to allow survey databases to be created or opened?

Thanks,

Tom

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rl_jackson
in reply to: tomg

I could be wrong here, but since no one has chimed in, I don't believe you can lock one person from doing edits, over another.

Everyone needs read write save capabilities as a power user.

You could however threaten those who should not be editing the SDB with bodily injury.Smiley Happy

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
doni49

Are you saying that on the old server, you were able to allow specific users to have READ access to the survey DB but they couldn't edit?

I've never tried otherwise (as we didn't have such a need) but I've always been told that the user needed to have full access or none at all.

Assuming you're saying that you did have it set up to allow such control, do you have access to the old server?  Can you login to it and see what the settings were for that folder?

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 5
tcorey

Do you know about this?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2718718

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 5 of 5
tomg
in reply to: tcorey

Tim,

Thanks for the reply. Yes I did know. I had googled the error. The main problem is that the workstations are not in the Domain, only the users are. So, I would have to go to each workstation and do the upgrade. Not too keen on that. Since my background is Netware, I'll discuss this with the Windows guy that helped me with the changeover.

Thanks again,

Tom

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report