Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SURVEY DATABASE-NORTHING-EASTING VALUES

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
CADEngr2014
535 Views, 4 Replies

SURVEY DATABASE-NORTHING-EASTING VALUES

Hello,

I am using Civil 3D 2015.

I have added some borings to a survey database and confirmed that the northing/easting values are as I would expect.  However, when I insert these into my drawing by highlighting the points in the prospector/survey tab, right clicking and select Insert Into Drawing, they have a different northing/easting value as shown in Prospector points.  What the heck is causing this variation?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Letif
in reply to: CADEngr2014

Check the datum of your drawing by going into settings from the prospector. The datum of your drawing and the datum of your soil boring location should much
Message 3 of 5
CADEngr2014
in reply to: Letif

Letif,

Thanks for that response.  I have NAD83 North Carolina, Us Survey Foot in drawing file and [SPC] NAD83(2011)/NAVD88 US Survey Feet in the point csv file originally started with to create survey database.  I am not exactly sure what SPC means or (2011) reference to NAD83.  What is in the above datum that would cause this descrepancy?

Message 4 of 5
CADEngr2014

Also, if there was a discrepancy in datums (the cad file being different from the point csv file) wouldn't that cause the points to import incorrectly into the survey database originally?

Message 5 of 5
IanMcClain

Hi CADEngr2014,

Check your survey database datum settings. This can be found by right clicking on the database and choosing "Edit survey database settings..." or from the survey pull-down menu.

Both the drawing and the survey database have independent datum settings. If they are different a conversion will take place when data is transfered from one to another, unless one of them is "no datum, no projection". This is what I often find is the problem when in your situation.

Ian McClain

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report