Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Survey database issue - 2015

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
_Hathaway
877 Views, 7 Replies

Survey database issue - 2015

We just upgraded from 2013 to 2015 and so far its been seemless.  Today I got to open up one of my many survey databases and i get the following popup " The survey extended property database is not open" and my only option is to click OK.  I have no idea what or how to open this extended property database.  I have opened at least 30 databases in 2015 and none have had this problem.  As far as i recall there is nothing special about this particular database.

Any ideas?  I can open it in read-only mode, but thats useless to me at this stage.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Jason.Ferrelli
in reply to: _Hathaway

To better troubleshoot this issue, would you be willing to upload your survey database folder so that I may take a look and see if I can recreate this?

Jason Ferrelli
Message 3 of 8
_Hathaway
in reply to: Jason.Ferrelli

I assume these are the correct files?  

Message 4 of 8
Jason.Ferrelli

Thank you for the files, yes that is what I needed to take a look at.

I was able to recreate this issue, and believe I have found the cause. If you right mouse click on the "Survey.sdxx" file, this file is set to read-only. Please uncheck this attribute and try opening the database again.

Jason Ferrelli
Message 5 of 8
_Hathaway
in reply to: Jason.Ferrelli

Now I have the same problem again, this time none of the files are read only. 

Message 6 of 8
seattlesurvey

Mike,

Did you ever figure out the latest recurrence of this issue?  I'm having this problem on a database I just used yesterday.  Now shows up as Read-Only for some reason, even though none of the associated files have that attribute checked in the Windows file properties.  I've tried re-setting the working folder, but to no avail.  If you've got any tips, I'd appreciate them!

Thanks.

Message 7 of 8
_Hathaway
in reply to: seattlesurvey

I think I ended up deleting the survey database files and then recreating it by reimporting points from drawing.  In this instance it worked but we lost all of information in our daily imported files. 

Message 8 of 8
seattlesurvey

Yuck.  Don't like that solution (edit: not a dig at you).  This was weird; everything was showing up fine in the Survey tab, I went and tried to re-set my working folder not noticing it was already where I wanted it to be.  I exited the Browse for Folder window, and once I did the database turned Read-Only.  😞

Anyway, thanks for the quick response.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report