Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Survey Database and Point UDP Labels

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
surveyor8120
306 Views, 2 Replies

Survey Database and Point UDP Labels

I have been able to import UDP data after I have brought in points from data base. I create a text file withe the point number and then the udps. On the import It will ask me to ovewirte or merge, because of the duplicate point number. I am able to merge them and it add the UDP data.

I have recently been trying to do this in the survey data base and have not been able to get it to work in the same mannor. I import an ascii file and it goes thur the motions, but does not add any data to the UDPs i created in the survey database. It does not prompt me to merge or overwrite data. I am assuming that it wont let me add additonal UDP data to the existing points in the database. I am assuming I will have to add it when I bring in my data originally. Which I won't be able to, unless I change my procedures, because I bring in most of my data a .fbk files.

So I am wondering if I am missing something? Is it possible for me to bring in a seperate ascii file with just point number and UDPs to my exisiting points in the survey database, like I can do in a drawing?

I am using Civil 3D 2013

Anthony Robinson, PLS, CFEDS
CRW Engineering Group, LLC
Civil 3D 2015
Windows 7 Prof. x64 SP1
Dell Workstation
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU
870 @ 2.93GHz
16.00 GB RAM
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rl_jackson
in reply to: surveyor8120

create a custom import with all the data, set up the UDP's in the DB and the Template all will be good. Be very careful that you create the names of the UDP's the same in both places HTH's

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
surveyor8120
in reply to: rl_jackson

The problem is that, I bring in most of my survey data from total station as raw data in fieldbook format.  I would like to be able to add in a seperate import event additional UDP's.

I am able to do this process directly in the drawing using point import and they show up in prospector.  I create a custom point file format with the point number and the UDP's.  Then on the import autocadd will prompt with duplicate point number and prompt for overwrite or merge duplicate piont.  I choose merge and it adds all the UDP's to my points in the drawing with in prospector.

However I have to do this in each and every drawing that I want those UDP's to show up.  That is why I would like to be able to do this in the survey database as well, so that I can at anytime in any drawing when insert points from survey database that it will have all the UDP's with points.

Trying to save some steps.

I know that if I create one complete file and then import into the database it will work, but I do not bring my data in that way.  I have a lot of field book files that I bring in and later have some additional data that I want to add to the points as UDP's.

Anthony Robinson, PLS, CFEDS
CRW Engineering Group, LLC
Civil 3D 2015
Windows 7 Prof. x64 SP1
Dell Workstation
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU
870 @ 2.93GHz
16.00 GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report