Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Survey Database and Data Shortcut path

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
rwatson654
441 Views, 1 Reply

Survey Database and Data Shortcut path

How do you move a survey database and data shortcuts?  Without going into details, sometimes it is necessary to copy portion of projects as new projects.  The survey database along with the drawings our surface, points, linework, etc. need to reference the new directory.  I can set the survey database folder location to the new path but am not certain the information in the dwg is point to the correct location.

The same essentially applies to the data shortcuts.  I'm having trouble getting this to work.  With LD we were able to copy the project and resuscitate the drawing(s).  I tried to use Data Shortcut Editor with the Saveas.  I then attempted to rename the dwg's and path the new location and name but receive an error of Invalid source file. Correct the path or press Esc...

C3D 2013 (latest updates)

Win 7 Pro, 64-bit

16 GB RAM

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Jay_B
in reply to: rwatson654

Should be able to move the sdb to new location & set the sdb working folder to the new location & see it listed on survey database listing. Done it several times without incident.

As far as the data shortcuts, as long as all source dwg are in same project folder and the new data shortcut working folder is mapped properly it should find them without editing paths.

Old project location:
X:\projname#\civil\cad\civil3d\_shortcuts

In our workflow if we must move a project the above folder structure would typically be identical project to project. Entire path following \projname#\ will be same in moved to location.

Data shortcut working folder is "cad" (2 levels above _shortcuts)

Project folder is "civil 3d" (source files loc.)
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report