Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surfaces from Corridor

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
aecoursen
262 Views, 1 Reply

Surfaces from Corridor

Somewhat flummoxed here.  I'm attempting to create a surfacefrom a corridor and I'm coming up with the following situation: I have a LaneOutsideSuperMultiLayer sub abutting up with a ShoulderMultilayerVaryingWidth sub.  I'm trying to create a surface at the bottom of Base2/top of Base3.  The Lane sub places the surface at the botom of Base2, but places it at the top of the Shoulder's Base2,  see atached.

Andrew Coursen PE & LS
v2014/64bit
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

If you check out the help, it shows that for the LaneOutsideSuperMultiLayer sub, the link code on the bottom of the "Base 2" Shape is "Base2" but for the ShoulderMultilayerVaryingWidth sub, the bottom of the "Base 2" Shape is "Base3", which is what is causing your problem.

Obviously someone at autodesk should have checked this before release.

As you are building your surface from links, and the links codes on the bottom of base2 don't match you are getting the step in your surface.

If you build your "RAMP TNO Top of DGA" surface from feature lines, you can use the featurelines codes "ETW_Base2" which is the inside bottom of the BASE2 layer, and "LANE_BASE2" which is the outside bottom of the BASE2 layer for the LaneOutsideSuperMultiLayer sub, and "EPS_SubBase1" which is the bottom outside of the BASE2 layer for the ShoulderMultilayerVaryingWidth sub.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report