Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface Table Names

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
ksorsby
615 Views, 6 Replies

Surface Table Names

Hi, 

Is there a way for a table linked to a surface (ie. a volume table) to display the surface name in the header? There seem to be no options to do so and copy/pasting <[surface name]> into the header text box just returns a number, oddly.

I will have upwards of 40 surfaces and I don't want to have to manually edit each one!

Seems like a bizarre and simple omission seeing as the tables are dynamically linked to the surface anyway.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Kevin

table.png

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Sinc
in reply to: ksorsby

I ran into that issue once.  Unfortunately, I found no good way to do it.

For me, it wasn't too bad, because I only had a couple of Surfaces, so I created a Table Style for each one.  I wouldn't want to do that for 40 Surfaces, though...

Sinc
Message 3 of 7
ksorsby
in reply to: Sinc

I thought as much. I'm going to file this one under Half-Baked Functions That Autodesk Can't Be Bothered To Sort Out.

Cheers,

Kevin

Message 4 of 7
Sinc
in reply to: ksorsby

Yeah, there's an awful lot of C3D that falls into the "half-baked" category....

It gets frustrating.  But on the flip side, it's possible to do an incredible amount of high-quality work in a very short time frame with this software, even in its current "half-baked" state.  So if it ever gets "fully baked", it should be pretty awesome...  Smiley Wink

Sinc
Message 5 of 7
ceethreedee.com
in reply to: Sinc

Plus one... Please ADD!!

Civil 3D 2021 (Update 1), ACAD (SP1.3) MAP (HF0.4)
Infraworks 2021.1,
Win 10 -DELL Precision Notebook 7730

ceethreedee.com
Message 6 of 7
d1of2
in reply to: ceethreedee.com

can you insert a field into the table style? use object. then name... just guessing at this point

Windows 7 64
Intel Core i7 2.0 GHz 2.0 GHz
8 GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX460M
Civil 3D 2012 SP2.1
Message 7 of 7
ksorsby
in reply to: d1of2

There's no option or dropdown that I can see to enter anything other than text into the header text component editor.

It's a royal PITA when you've got a lot of tables lying around.

Kevin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report