Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface Styles..

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
soundengine
398 Views, 5 Replies

Surface Styles..

Hello. While going through the tutorials, I happened to notice that while on the Surface-2 drawing there are 6 or 7 different types of surface rendering options I can choose. I.E., "Borders, Triangles, and Points.", "Standard", "Triangle and Points", etc..etc..

Anyway, on my drawing I want to create the triangle look to get a better 3d view of what I am working with. When I go to my Surface Properties Styles, the only one listed is "Standard", is there a way to import the other ones? Or do they all have to be created?

=-Ben
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: soundengine

Open both drawings simultaneously. Make your drawing active. Drag the style you want from Prospector into your active drawing window. Bill "soundengine" wrote in message news:9268073.1106246727243.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Hello. While going through the tutorials, I happened to notice that while on the Surface-2 drawing there are 6 or 7 different types of surface rendering options I can choose. I.E., "Borders, Triangles, and Points.", "Standard", "Triangle and Points", etc..etc.. > > Anyway, on my drawing I want to create the triangle look to get a better 3d view of what I am working with. When I go to my Surface Properties Styles, the only one listed is "Standard", is there a way to import the other ones? Or do they all have to be created? > > =-Ben
Message 3 of 6
soundengine

Thank you Bill, for your quick reply... but, I am having some problems still.. I have both drawings open simultaneously, but no matter which drawing is active, I dont see the option to drag any styles anywhere, as a matter of fact, I dont see anything that even represents the Borner, Triangle, Points style that I need.

I have run through the tutorials numerous times, but I cant seem to get any contour triangles that represent my data. I have a good surface, and I can establish elevation from any point on the site, but it just doesnt seem to want to do this. Of course, this is very different from what I just upgraded from, R14. Another thing, I am trying to get this data from Contours taken from an Aerial Topo, where as the Tutorial Surface-2 seemed to use point shots for the elevations.

Thanks,
=-Ben
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

"soundengine" wrote in message news:32167000.1106247477928.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Thank you Bill, for your quick reply... but, I am having some problems still.. I have both drawings open simultaneously, but no matter which drawing is active, I dont see the option to drag any styles anywhere, as a matter of fact, I dont see anything that even represents the Borner, Triangle, Points style that I need. Ben, Do you have prospector open to the Settings tab? If prospector isn't open, type in "SHOWTS" on the command line and switch to the settings tab. In the combo box near the top of prospector, you will probably see the option "Active Drawing Settings View" selected. Change that to "Master View". This enables you to see settings for both drawings simultaneously. Open up Surface-2 > Surface> Surface Styles and select the ones you want to bring over to your drawing. Drag them over your drawing and release. That style will now be available in your drawing. -- Himanshu Gohel. Civil3D Team, Autodesk, Inc. Autodesk Civil3D Product Information <>
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Also, did you start your drawing from scratch, or did you select one from the Civil 3D templates, or did you open an existing file? If you didn't create the drawing from Civil 3D templates, there will be no styles. You'll need to create a new file from a C3D template in order to drag the styles into your drawing. You could also save that new drawing and just import it like a block (make sure it's exploded on insert) into your working drawing. This will import ALL styles within that file without having to drag and drop a million styles. Matt Kolberg "soundengine" wrote in message news:9268073.1106246727243.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Hello. While going through the tutorials, I happened to notice that while on the Surface-2 drawing there are 6 or 7 different types of surface rendering options I can choose. I.E., "Borders, Triangles, and Points.", "Standard", "Triangle and Points", etc..etc.. > > Anyway, on my drawing I want to create the triangle look to get a better 3d view of what I am working with. When I go to my Surface Properties Styles, the only one listed is "Standard", is there a way to import the other ones? Or do they all have to be created? > > =-Ben
Message 6 of 6
stevef

why don't you just right click the surface you are concerned with in the prospector view, select properties from the shortcut menu and on the first tab go to the dropdown button next to the surface style dropdown menu and select 'edit current selection' or 'copy current selection'.
This will open another window which has a display tab (should be 2nd from right). This tab looks just like the autocad layer manager but is specific to surface display types (border, triangles, contours, etc.). Click triangles to 'on' and change the colour to suit your needs.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report