Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface Style with Elevation Ranges

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
SeattleCADD
1305 Views, 5 Replies

Surface Style with Elevation Ranges

Hi All,

I am looking a surface style that has elevation ranges when viewing in model and plan. In the default template I see a elevation banding (2D) style, but it is not my need.

If anyone has this surface style, could I have it too!

Thanks much!

D

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: SeattleCADD

when using the 2d band style, you tell your surface what the elevation ranges is to be on the analysis tab of the surface properies. Or perhaps I do not understand your question clearly.

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
SeattleCADD

The elevation band 2D is just for viewing plan only. i want the surface style with elevation ranges so when I view it in 3D, it has colors by elevations.

Please see attached file.

Thanks

Message 4 of 6

The elevation banding in Civil 3D can be used in both Plan and Model view. You need to make sure that you change your surface style in model view to display the elevation bands and then shade the model produce a similar picture. You should turn off the "triangle" so that only the elevation faces are drawn.

Regards,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6
SeattleCADD

I already tried but it is not display elevation ranges when I view it in model. i did exactly what you said but no luck yet.

Can you tried on your end and give some more directions!

Thanks.

Message 6 of 6
Joe-Bouza

Did you turn the light bulb on in the style for 3D view?

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report