Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface Sport Elevation Label Rotate

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
rwatson654
3418 Views, 4 Replies

Surface Sport Elevation Label Rotate

I have been searching for a way to rotate surface spot elevation labels but have not been able to find a solution to do so.  Has this feature been added to 2013 or 14?  I do not want to use the point and label styles for my surface elevation, even though these can be rotated.  I have several miles of roadway with many horizontal curves and would like the surface labels aligned with and along the centerline.  I prefer not to update the spot elevations when the profile is revised.

C3D 2013 (latest updates), 2014 Infrastructure Design Suite

Win 7 Pro, 64-bit

16 GB RAM

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

You can do it through the properties pallet.  

MikeC

Civil 3D 2015, Win 7 64bit, 16 GB RAM, Dell M4600
''That's the way we've always done it'' is an excuse, not a reason.
Message 3 of 5

Thx.  After you posted I looked and grips can be used to rotate the label too. Guess I need more coffee.  Thanks for the help.

Message 4 of 5

I know how you feel, this day is going to drag.  Glad you've got something that works.  

MikeC

Civil 3D 2015, Win 7 64bit, 16 GB RAM, Dell M4600
''That's the way we've always done it'' is an excuse, not a reason.
Message 5 of 5
devoraharvey3
in reply to: rwatson654

I understand your need to rotate surface spot elevation labels without using point and label styles. As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, Autodesk Civil 3D versions 2013 and 2014 do not offer a built-in feature to directly rotate surface spot elevation labels.

However, you can achieve your desired alignment using a workaround. Here's a suggestion:

1. Create Custom Labels: Instead of using the standard spot elevation labels, consider creating custom labels using Civil 3D's "General Note" label style. This allows you to input the elevation values manually and gives you more control over their placement.

2. Rotate the Labels: With the custom labels, you can rotate them individually using the rotation grip. This method offers flexibility but might be time-consuming for a large project.

3. Use Express Tools: Civil 3D's Express Tools may have utilities that can assist with label rotation. Check if any of these tools provide the functionality you're looking for.

4. Seek Updates: Autodesk may have introduced new features or enhancements in subsequent versions of Civil 3D. It's worth checking the release notes or documentation for versions beyond 2014 to see if this capability has been added.

5. User Community and Forums: Utilize Autodesk's user community and forums to ask if there have been any developments or solutions shared by fellow users. They may have devised creative workarounds or scripts to achieve label rotation.

6. Consider Scripting: If you're comfortable with programming, you could explore scripting or developing a custom solution using Autodesk's APIs. This could provide more advanced control over label rotation.

Please note that my information might not be up to date, and Autodesk may have introduced new features or tools since then. I recommend checking the official Autodesk Civil 3D documentation or reaching out to Autodesk support for the most current and accurate information regarding label rotation in your desired versions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report