Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface Report & Civil 3D 2009 latest update (or SP)

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
263 Views, 9 Replies

Surface Report & Civil 3D 2009 latest update (or SP)

I have a question regarding Surface Report in reports manager.
I have checked and changed the display units in reporting.exe for LandXML 7, Ambient Settings and still receive
multiple digits past what I want. I know I am changing the right form using the right reporting.exe due to the fact that my client, company name, etc. update as I execute a change but the units stay the same. What gives? Please guide me Obe One Kanobe or Yoda if you prefer!

Please help as I have to generate two (2) surface reports for tommorrow and don't want to show that many decimal places. Area 2D: 51,522.2345677777 square feet OR 24,934.124578152 cu. yards seems a little overkill ya think? That's some damn accurate survey shots!

Oh, anyone have a more custom report form they would care to share? The generic Autodesk ones will work for now but would like to research how to make my own company standard form.

Thanks,
Mark Driver
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Matt.Anderson
in reply to: Anonymous

The LandXML reporting tool only reports what is saved in the LandXML file that Civil 3d creates.

You have two options, manually edit either the LandXML file or the HTML report appropriately.

Matthew Anderson, PE
Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

Matt,
I thought so but shouldn't the xml file created use the unit precision of the drawing therefore creating the correct (wanted) precision?

Thanks,
Mark Driver
Message 4 of 10
Matt.Anderson

or use LandXML Reporting 8. (The one that comes with AutoCAD Civil 3d 2010)
Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 5 of 10
Matt.Anderson

No. I wouldn't expect it too since it is using LandXML to export the file. We would want that to appropriately export the coordinates/areas to the calculated full precision and then have the XML Style Sheet apply the appropriate precision/calculations to that data.

It appears that in LandXML Reporting 7, the area calculations do not have the appropriate Jscript to set the precision as a calculation.

Matt
Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

LandXML Reporting 8 allows the units to be displayed as needed?
I read your replies rather quickly and responded so allow me to apologize if I misunderstood.

Thanks,
Mark Driver
Message 7 of 10
Matt.Anderson

Yes, the LandXML Reporting v8 works correctly and applies the precision formating as you need.

So, your workflow is to export the LandXML file from Civil 3d 2009 (I assume that is what you are using), and use the reporting tool that comes with 2010 to format your report.
Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

Yes that is correct but I haven't installed 2010 yet. I need to see if reporting 8 can be installed (or copied) from the disk alone w/o a 2010 install. I'm not ready to install yet. For the time being, I most likely will edit the xml file generated from 2009 and use the Report utility to print with client, company, etc. information..

Thanks for your help.
Mark Driver
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

I tried replacing the code in the Surface report, but there are a few
more variables in the new reports..

mdriver1 wrote:
> Yes that is correct but I haven't installed 2010 yet. I need to see if
> reporting 8 can be installed (or copied) from the disk alone w/o a
> 2010 install.. I'm not ready to install yet. For the time being, I
> most likely will edit the xml file generated from 2009 and use the
> Report utility to print with client, company, etc. information..
> Thanks for your help. Mark Driver
Message 10 of 10
Civil3DReminders

This post doesn't fix that report, but goes over the steps need to fix the report to have it pull from the correct location. I suspect the Surface Report has the same problem.
http://blog.civil3dreminders.com/2008/04/fixing-station-and-curve-report.html

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report