Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface Rendering

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mcdowellr
823 Views, 2 Replies

Surface Rendering

Hi there,

I am trying to do a surface rendering of a subdivision with civil 3d.  I know how to look at the TIN surface and rotate it to View the 3D model of the surface.  When I view the surface I usually view it exaggerated 5 times .  This all looks good but I was wondering since all of my linework such as lot lines and water edge is drawn at a 0 elevation iif there is a way that I can paste the lines onto a surface.  So basically what I am looking for isto be able to see the lot lines changed to 3d lines and laid ontop of the surface in 3d so I can see all of the ponds and lot lines in the 3d model.

I think I explained this properly, I hope that someone can help

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
civilspace
in reply to: mcdowellr

Do a search for "draping" in the C3D help.  It will utilize Map tools to do it, but you should be able to drape your data over it with a few steps.  You might need to export your surface as a DEM, then import that as a raster image for Map to work with it.

Regards,
Anthony
Message 3 of 3
Feckit
in reply to: mcdowellr

I think the command your looking for is Grading - Elevations from Surface.

Normally when I do this I raise the linework an extra millimeter or two for clarity.

Kind Regards

Feckit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report