Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface quasi re-build

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
kmanley77
204 Views, 5 Replies

Surface quasi re-build

I have an existing surface that was created using points that were found not to be good (bad elevations & coordinates shifted). The point problem has been addressed. What I do not want to do is completely re-build the surface. I would like to use the existing definitions (break lines, triangle edits, etc.) along with the good points to re-build the surface. I did not originally build this surface, the person that did no longer works at our firm. Therefore, if I cannot do something as outlined above, then I will have to start from scratch. Yay. Also, for new standard purposes, the surface needs to be in an individual dwg.

Thanks

Kris

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: kmanley77

dont worry about a full vs partial rebuild. Civil3d will rebuild what has to be rebuilt upon the removal of the erroneous point. Just take them out of the definition.

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 3 of 6
kmanley77
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Will all of the breaklines, triangle edits, etc. update as well? How do I address completly removing the surface from the existing dwg and moving it to a new dwg?

Thanks

Kris

Message 4 of 6
neilyj666

You can add the new points to the top of the surface definition tree.

If you XML the surface it'll take the breaklines and triangles with it and then import the XML to a new drawing

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 5 of 6
Joe-Bouza

Open up the surface properties dialog and look at the definition tab.
You will see a list of everything you added, deleted or modified. c3d goes down this list to "Dynamically rebuild upon edits. If all you remove are the points with bad elevation. it will retain everything else you did.

It sounds like you are thinking in terms of LDT? it doesn't work like that; its an object model that you mold by adding and deleting data.

Note in the prospector if you righ click the surface you'll see option the rebuild auto or not leave it on auto
Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 6 of 6
kmanley77
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Thanks to everyone. I am currently not at my work station due to the state of Georgia shutting down and all. As soon as possible I will try all suggestions and get back with ya'll.

Kris

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report