Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface profile text is not displaying properly on viewport of xrefed drawing

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
nmbrsbypnt
1306 Views, 2 Replies

Surface profile text is not displaying properly on viewport of xrefed drawing

I've encountered a problem that not even my trusty veteran AutoCAD expert can figure out.

I'm using AUTOCAD CIVIL 3D 2012 and have drawing a profile from a surface I created from contour lines for a given project. In the Edit Profile View Style box I have the text set at "Standard" (Standard in my Text Style box is set as Annotative & Paper Text Height is "0"). I have the text height for my Major Tick Detail set at 1", for example.

Units for the drawing are set at Feet and the text is displayed at a height of 1 FT in the drawing.

In paper space (Viewport is set at Annotative scale of 1:1 and has the standard scale set at 1:10) of the base drawing, the text displays correctly at 1".

When I Xref the drawing into another drawing the text in model space shows up correctly at 1 FT, but in my viewport on paperspace (Viewport snnotation scale = 1:1 and standard scale 1:10, units for the drawing are in FT), my text shows up as 1/12th of an inch (0.08").

What am I doing wrong? I can do a work around and change the text heigh, but I'd really like to know how I could fix this problem.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mathewkol
in reply to: nmbrsbypnt

Look at your page setup for the layout. Is it set to mm or inches? Change it.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 3
mathewkol
in reply to: nmbrsbypnt

Also, the plot scale has to be 1 to 1.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report