Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

surface on nearly aligned points

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
marcinmm1983
349 Views, 4 Replies

surface on nearly aligned points

Hi,

I have some problem. I hage alignement of wall or embankment. I have existing ground inlucding this corridor river. I have also CSV file with points (x,y,z). On my sketch there is drawn. Points present FDL (flow defence level) maximum level of river in case of huge rain or other things. These are almost aligned. I need to transform it (project) into alignment. I have to create profile of EG, FDL (based on this point) and then create new profile of heght of wall or bank. What is the best solution for projecting this points. I tried with grading (distance and grade0%) I traied then with offsettinh this feature line based on points and used it as breaklines. Created surface had holes. If thre is better way? This situation is simillr to my. Even real is worst becuase alignemnt is perpendicular in same places to river.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
troma
in reply to: marcinmm1983

How many points do you have?
Are you projecting perpendicular to the river or perpendicular to the alignment?

I'm thinking the use of a surface and a superimposed profile may get you there.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 5
MikeEvansUK

I imaging that your best option would be to create a sting and offset it with no level difference, create a dummy surface out of the strings.

Assuming that you will want some kind of line along the banks / walls. Create a volume surface from the two surfaces, create & extract the zero user contour line. and drape elevations to the main surface.

Now you should be able to use the contour in a model. You could add to a new one with the points as defined (cl) or add to original etc.
Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 4 of 5
marcinmm1983
in reply to: troma

There are 3 alignments. Total length is about 480m. I have as I remember 10 points not i const distances. There are nit directly in center of cirridor river, My alignments are not parallel to river. Part of it is almost perpendicular. I think this is more perpendicular to river. It should presents flow rviver. At in place of alignments banks are builded for protection. Sketch is very similar.

Wysłane z tabletu Samsung
Message 5 of 5
troma

Here are the steps as I imagine it:
1. Create a surface from just the points
2. Create an alignment along the points
3. Create a surface profile & profile view from 1 & 2.
4. Create an alignment and profile view along the embankment.
5. Superimpose the profile from the river to the embankment.
6. Create a featureline from the superimposed profile.

This featureline will follow the embankment in plan, but will get its elevations from the river profile. It will get you most of the way there, I think (depending on if I understand you properly). Where the embankment is perpendicular to the river the results will be unpredictable, so you will have to double check and fix them if they're wrong.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report