Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface not plotting

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
alberto_go
3175 Views, 4 Replies

Surface not plotting

Hi,

I have a couple drawings where my surface does not want to plot. It shows all the information just great, bu it won't plot anything (contours, text, colors... nothing)... it would seem as it did not exist... I checked to make sure that it wasn't in a non plottable layer, and that's not the case... One weird thing is that it does plot on Model Space... but it won't plot on Paper Space... (I have my sheets cut on paper space)...  Do you know of any settings that might be causing the surface to not plot on paper space?

Thanks!

-Alberto

C3D 2012

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: alberto_go

Is the layer that the surface is on, or the layers that the contours are on, frozen in the paperspace viewport?

Message 3 of 5
alberto_go
in reply to: Anonymous

I checked all the layers both within the viewport and in model space to make sure the layers where on, and where on a plottable layer... everything is fine (layer wise)...  it shows the surface, but it won't plot it on Paper Space...

Message 4 of 5
sb400
in reply to: alberto_go

Toggle the "level of detail" in the view menu, sometimes complex surfaces don't plot at all but simple ones do. 

Message 5 of 5
cstrickland
in reply to: sb400

I was having the same issue with a handful of surfaces in Civil 2012 as well and the Level Of Detail toggle was the fix.  Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report