Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

surface not extending to all included points

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
nathan07
375 Views, 5 Replies

surface not extending to all included points

2013 version. Long story short, I am having problems with pressure networks in my drawing so to simplify things I want to just show the top of the current watermain in my profiles because we are not doing anything with the watermain, though it needs to be shown in the profile. To do this I created some points where the watermain is and made their elevation 1.8m lover than the existing surface at those points (due to the 1.8m of cover the watermain has). I then created a surface using those points and an outer boundary surrounding the points. For some reason the surface stops at one point and doesn't continue to the rest (about 5 more points). So when I create my profile the surface stops short. The points are included in the point group the surface uses, and the outer boundary doesn't cut them out either. Not sure why the surface isn't referencing those points.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jay_B
in reply to: nathan07

While this may work, you may want to consider using Layout profiles and using the copy profile and raise / lower

commands on Profile Layout Tools.

This way points at a different elevation than EG surface wouldn't be added that may only be used to represent the water line and they won't need to be excluded from the EG surface point Group etc.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 6
jmayo-EE

In the surface's properties dialog, Definition tab you will notice a list everything that defines the surface (points, breaklines, etc). This list is also a build priority list. Find your boundary in the definition and make sure it is moved all the way to the bottom of the list using the arrow buttons.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
jmayo-EE

Also make sure that you go to prospector and find the point group heading. Highlight it and right click, choose Update to update the point groups, now go back to the surface and rebuild it if required.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
blt
Advocate

I have had this happen if the max triangle length is too small.

Bryan Thorp, PLS
Civil 3D 2017 SP1
Dell OptiPlex 990 Workstation
Intel I7
16 Gig of RAM
Message 6 of 6
nathan07
in reply to: blt

Looks like that did it thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report