Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface names respect capitalization??

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
JamesMaeding
347 Views, 2 Replies

Surface names respect capitalization??

I have to say, modern users expect names of things to be case insensitive.

Windows explorer is, and even human names are.

So why make Civil3D think Surface1 and surface1 are different?

Yes, I know programmers in C++ and C# think those are two separate variables, but not humans.

Its a nightmere for any third party programmer dealing with lists of things that get serialized and passed around.

I can deal with case when I have to, but for a program that erases annotation when an object name changes capitalization, is very fragile.

The C3D team should consider this, I really hope they do not have teams in industry using case to differentiate names.

I'd really like to know why it was done.

internal protected virtual unsafe Human() : mostlyHarmless
I'm just here for the Shelties

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
doni49
in reply to: JamesMaeding

I can't tell you how often (if at all) it's been reported to them. But if nobody reports it (such as assuming that someone else already has), then they'll never know about it -- and the more people who DO report it, the more chance it'll get fixed/added.

Bug reports/feature requests can be sent at the following address.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

And if you're on subscription, I'd also open a support ticket reporting the bug/feature request that way too.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 3
JamesMaeding
in reply to: doni49

I did, and talked to a support person.

They do not spend time on fixing old issues though, just new features that will sell more product.

They forget that the workarounds to their old issues have caused us to replace their vertical products, thus losing sales in the end.

That's too complicated for them though in this scatterbrained "post" economic recession era.

internal protected virtual unsafe Human() : mostlyHarmless
I'm just here for the Shelties

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report