Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface glitch - I need Help Please!!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Nikki101
429 Views, 8 Replies

Surface glitch - I need Help Please!!

I have an issue where I have created a top-of-road surface, but there seems to be a random object in the middle of it that is creating a skinny mountain in the middle of my road. 

I have swear I have looked at everything. I've rebuilt the surface several times, played with corridor sections, profiles, alignments, points, manually deleting and adding tin lines, etc, etc.... but can't seem to figure it out. I am sure now I have just played with it for so long that I am probably just be missing something obvious that is right in front of my eyes. 

Could someone take a look at the attached files and help me figure this one out? 

Thanks in advance for your time.

Rob

(Note: Normally I would care, but we are doing alot of volume comparison suraces based on this surface, and I need to be sure our numbers are fairly accurate...)

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Nikki101
in reply to: Nikki101

Here is the first attachment - autodesk's file size limit is prohibiting me to attach all the files needed.... Sorry but I can only make Civil 3D drawings so small...

Message 3 of 9
Jeff_M

@Nikki101 wrote:

Sorry but I can only make Civil 3D drawings so small...

Dropbox or Autodesk 360 works well for this

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 9
Nikki101

so.... i cant get the CAD file up here...  If someone is interested I could email it... I'm only allowed to uplaod 1.5MB files here and my CAD file is 14.612 MB...

Message 5 of 9
Nikki101
in reply to: Jeff_M

Hey Jeff M, can I get you to check my file out through Dropbox?

Message 6 of 9
Nikki101

Hey Jeff, I have just figured out that it has to do with the assembly section inthe cul de sac that is in line with the street 1 profile....  Just trying to fix it now...

Message 7 of 9
Jeff_M

Wow, good catch. I was just coming back to say that I was not finding the cause (although I did see in 3d view that it looked like an assembly was running back to the cul-de-sac). I did work around it by deleting that 1 point on the surface.

EESignature
Message 8 of 9
Nikki101
in reply to: Jeff_M

Just out of curiosity, what exactly do you mean by you deleted that one point?

Message 9 of 9
Jeff_M

Turn on the display of Surface Points in the Surface Style. Select the surface, go to Edit Surface and choose to Delete Surface Point, select the single point that is on/near the centerline where the spike occurs.

However, this is not a real fix, as I have witnessed the spike to actually be in different locations. The problem is coming from the corridor frequency section that is exactly in line with the centerline. It appears that the target is missing the radius point of the bulb and is randomly finding a point on the centerline. To avoid this issue I removed the Horizontal Geometry points from the frequency setting for the cul-de-sac region. This prevents a section from being created at the midpoint of the ep alignment which is the offending section.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report