Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface elevation analysis table formatting

19 REPLIES 19
SOLVED
Message 1 of 20
autoMick
1305 Views, 19 Replies

Surface elevation analysis table formatting

Hi, please see attached snapshots of my surface elevation legend table and style settings.

How can I delete the first column of the analysis table (the row numbers - which I don't want)... I can modify others, but not this first one.

Thanks

- Mick

Civil3d user in Australia since 2012.
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
neilyj666
in reply to: autoMick

Don't think this can be done......

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 3 of 20
autoMick
in reply to: neilyj666

Neilyj, Since you're using IDSP 2015 (I'm still on 2014), I'm guessing that you may have already answered my next question... is the number column able to be deleted 2015?

thanks

- Mick

Message 4 of 20
neilyj666

Haven't tried to be honest but I suspect it won't have changed. I generally copy and convert these tables to plain autocad tables if I need them in the final product

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 20
autoMick

Thanks. It seems funny that the table is so configurable except for this one aspect. I have 18 scenarios to do. The autocad option would work as the elevation ranges will remain the same however, I was also going to add surface area to the table, which would change between each scenario. I'll probably just have to accept having the number column in place.

Cheers

- Mick

Message 6 of 20
Kundertk

Yep, it's a bit of a pain in the butt.  Sometimes I add spaces to the front of the title, plop the table in model space, then use viewports to cut off the first column.  Depends on the drawing and if I have multiple scales I need to show.  Sometimes it doesn't work out, so I end up exploding the table.

Message 7 of 20
autoMick
in reply to: Kundertk

Seems like a concensus then... can't be done - so either live with it, hide bits of it or explode it.

I have another question.... is it possible to put a total down the bottom of the relevant columns?

Capture.JPG

Thanks

- Mick

Message 8 of 20
tcorey

You can't delete the column, but you can delete the row number input from the column. See the attachment.

You have to double click in the column heading to delete the word "Number" from the column head and double click in the number field to delete the number entry.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 9 of 20
autoMick
in reply to: tcorey

Not a bad idea - I guess I could do a narrow empty column at both ends to make it look it was meant to be there!

Message 10 of 20
neilyj666

Or use a wipeout ?

EESignature

Message 11 of 20
autoMick

thanks... yep a wipeout will do it too.

Anybody got any suggestions about column totals? (see message 7 on first page of this thread)

Thanks

- Mick

Message 12 of 20
autoMick

Something twigged that I never posted the solution to this old thread of mine.

Although it is not possible to actually delete the first column, it can be redefined to contain whatever you want. Takes a few unnecessary steps, but there you have it.

- Mick

legend.JPG

Message 13 of 20
autoMick

Oh yeah.. try and ignore the error in the table 😛

Message 14 of 20
Joe-Bouza

Hi Mick

Can you explain what you did? Its not immediatley obvious to me, and I have been aske to remove the numbers too.

Thanks

Your Name

Your Name

EESignature

Message 15 of 20
Jeff_M
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Joe, Create a column for the Color, copy the contents from that column, paste it into the first column, rename the first column, use the other column for something else now. I do this with Point tables to show driveway and sewer lateral station/offsets without the point numbers.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 16 of 20
autoMick
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Ahh yes I should've made it clearer.

You can add columns at will with the plus button, but only delete from columns 2 onwards. So as Jeff said, copy and paste the definition from one of the other columns into the first "Number" column. Then simply delete the duplicate column, or reuse it as requried.

In that picture you will see that I modified the visibility of the table borders (and the title) in the table style display tab so that all I got was the bare minimum - which is the way I like it.

- Mick

Here's a quick demo:

Message 17 of 20
neilyj666

Yet another workaround for Civil 3D - kudos for it - but you've got to wonder what the programmers were thinking about when they first started on these Civil tables e.g. columns that you can't remove (or freeze) and that can't add up areas etc etc etc

EESignature

Message 18 of 20
autoMick

Couldn't agree more.

There is so much that is good about Civil3d - so hats off to the guys for getting it to work at all.

But... on the other hand, there are areas of functionality (such as legend tables) that are so inadequate that I often wonder if I'm missing something.

The workarounds are easy enough when you know how, but I hate that I can't just do a new task without having to do hours of trouble shooting, tweaking, research, etc. to work out the trick. 

One great thing about this forum is that usually someone, somewhere has a solution.

Cheers

- Mick

Message 19 of 20
neilyj666

I suppose the only positive note about Civil tables is that my ideastation suggestion about making them more like vanilla AutoCAD tables seems to have progressed so we could see added functionality in future releases........maybe...;)

EESignature

Message 20 of 20
autoMick

Yes indeed. I voted for it !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report