Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Surface Editing Tools c3d 2012

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
GZE
Advocate
454 Views, 3 Replies

Surface Editing Tools c3d 2012

I can not find surface editing tools (add line, remove line, rise/lower surface)  on 2012 ribbon, where can I find them on  c3d 2012 ribbon?

Thank You

GZE

Humphrey GZE
Civil 3D 2013 64bit SP1
Elitebook 8540w
Core i7 2.8GHz, 8Gig RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX880
160Gb SSD
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jeff_M
in reply to: GZE

As long as you have the Contextual Ribbons enabled, just select the surface in the drawing and the Ribbon should switch to the Surface modify Tab. Then on the right side of the Modify panel is Edit Surface.

To get the Surface modify Tab without the contextual ribbon, select the Modify tab, on the Ground Data panle select Surface, the Surface modify Tab will now be displayed.

4-21-2011 3-03-53 PM.png

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 4
RickGraham
in reply to: Jeff_M

In addition to what Jeff said, I find it easier to use the old surface > edit on the Prospector. My mantra has always been - if it takes you longer than a couple of seconds to find it on the ribbon then find it elsewhee until you either get comfortable with the new location or find it easier the old way. Sometimes, the ribbon can be a stumbling block.
Rick

Message 4 of 4
neilyj666
in reply to: GZE

Unless it has been improved in 2012, I have found in 2011 that the some things are better accessed via the  ribbon and other via Prospector. Unfortunately, no way of knowing until your drawing has crashed/stopped responding.....!!!!!!

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Ā 

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Ā