Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface Drawing triangles accross my breakline

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
willpyle7693
1210 Views, 5 Replies

Surface Drawing triangles accross my breakline

I have a survey figure my drawing that i am trying to add as a breakline. i have not been able to get this particular line to work as a breakline and the surface keeps drawing triangles through the line like its not even there. The figure properties show that it is a breakline. The figure prefix database brings the line style in as a breakline from the start. what could be the problem?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
sboon
in reply to: willpyle7693

Your surface build options include controls for how to deal with crossing breaklines.  It's possible that with your current settings the breakline is being ignored by the surface.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 6
willpyle7693

Yes. I see now that the line is supposedly crossing another line but I don't see it.
Message 4 of 6
willpyle7693
in reply to: sboon

when i try to add these lines that are being ignored, the event viewer tells me that the breakline crossed a breakline at multiple locations. I have tried removing the figure from the drawing and reinserting, i have visually inspected the line and can see that it does not cross any other breaklines. What gives?

Message 5 of 6
troma

Have you tried running the breakline tool to find and resolve the crossing breakline?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 6 of 6
_Hathaway

I too have experienced this phenomenom and it is definitely frustrating. Try to resolve the crossing breakline like Troma says. This could be a dwg crasher too as I find that tool be extremely taxing on your system if you have a lot of breaklines,

I prefer the old LDD layering of srf-flt that contained all breaklines, nothing was hidden and you could see all breaklines very easily. Sometimes in Civil3d the breaklines get nested (they exist but there is no linework associated with it) This is what I suspect has happened here. If so, you will have to go to your surface and individually select each breakline and zoom to it, find the suspect breakline and delete it. There may be better methods but that's what I have done in the past.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report