Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface doesn't match the grading

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
karlkarpuk
605 Views, 5 Replies

Surface doesn't match the grading

Hey!

I applied grading to a curved feature line. The grading looks just fine, but the automatically created surface has very little points at curved parts as you can see on the image i attached. Why is that so? I need the surface to be as smooth as the grading.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
tgicam
in reply to: karlkarpuk

You can try reducing the Mid-ordinate distance to a smaller number when you add the breaklines to the surface.

Craig

Message 3 of 6
karlkarpuk
in reply to: tgicam

I didn't use breaklines at all. I just took two curved lines and used grading. Can the problem be avoided with this method as well?
If it makes any difference, i created the featurelines out of objects (polylines).

Message 4 of 6
Pointdump
in reply to: karlkarpuk

Karl,

Can you post your drawing? 

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 5 of 6
karlkarpuk
in reply to: Pointdump

I didn't want to attach the original file since it is so messy. It doesn't matter though as i attached another small file where the same problem comes out.
The bigger grading surface looks fine because of the scale, but the smaller one relatively doesn't match the grading at all.
It's about how many points grading will go through and i don't know how to change that.

Message 6 of 6
karlkarpuk
in reply to: Pointdump

Okay i found what controls that. It's the grading group surface tessellation spacing value... i have a lot to learn, hehe.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report