Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface Display Issues

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
688 Views, 4 Replies

Surface Display Issues

I have a very old drawing that has been updated to 2010.

For some reason surfaces will not display at all in this drawing. 

I have tried Xrefing a drawing that has a surface anotated that displays fine in other drawings and nothing appears.  I have also tried bring the surface in via data reference.

Styles are set correctly.  Units are correct.  All layers are on. 

Oddly the tool tip will display the surface elevation, but no contours, tin etc.

Again, oddly if I reference this drawing into a plot sheet drawing, I can see the contours tin etc.

It is very very strange, and I think it has something to do with old drawing.  I have audited and purged.

Civil 3d 2011 64 Bit SP Applied, Windows 7.

Thanks

Conan Witzel

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Lisa_Pohlmeyer
in reply to: Anonymous

Conan,

What do the statistics say?  Can you create a LandXML file of the surface and bring it into a clean dwg?

Lisa

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Lisa_Pohlmeyer

Hey Lisa,

Hope things are well with you.

The surface is in the drawing and can even show up if it is xrefed, just not while in the original drawing.  It is really odd.  The original drawing is from 2003, maybe even earlier.

It has to be a setting in the drawing, I just can't think what it would be.

See the attached screen captures.  The original is with the correct style (even triangles) all layers on etc.

The second is what the original drawing looks like when it is xrefed.  The contours and everything are showing up.

Thanks,

Conan

Message 4 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: Anonymous

Try this....type in DISPLAY, Sets, select the Plan set, scroll down to Tin Surface and be sure the 2 boxes are checked. I've seen drawings where these values get changed somehow.4-13-2011 9-25-13 AM.png

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Jeff_M

That was it.

I did type in AECDISPLAY, which I think is the same thing as I thought it might something like that, but I couldn't find any documentation.

DISPLAY got it though.

Thanks,

Conan Witzel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report