Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface display ByBlock

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
troma
318 Views, 1 Reply

Surface display ByBlock

I set up a surface style all on layer 0 and ByBlock.  All the componants display whatever the surface object is set to in properties: either ByLayer or whatever colour I set it to.

Then I decided that I wanted to see the surface points.  They were switched off until this time.  So I turned them on.  Ok, still needed a little more definition.  They were hard to see with everything the same colour.  My TIN and contours were all a blueish purple ByLayer (colour 177), so I made the points red in the style.  Look back at my drawing, and everything else goes red too!  Can you test this?  If the surface points are set in the style to a colour, and everything else is set to ByBlock, everything will display the colour of the points!

I worked around it by setting everything (except the points) to ByLayer instead in the surface style; this works as expected.

Civil 3D 2013, HF3.0, 32 bit

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
sboon
in reply to: troma

Confirmed in 2014 HF1.  If the point color is set to something specific then any other component set to BYBLOCK will also change to match that color.

Congratulations - you found a bug!

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report