Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface Disappearing

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
403 Views, 2 Replies

Surface Disappearing

Ive created a pretty large surface using points and breaklines. When I try to swap edges I get to do 2 or 3 and then the surface disappears. I then have to restart Autocad to make it visible again. Regenerating or changing the style do not bring it back up. I am working in Civil 3D 2009. Has anyone else come across this? It seems to just be a graphics issue as the actual surface is not being deleted.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

There is a graphics failure - ie, the program gives up displaying the
surface because of something. Is it repeatable?
If so, send it to Support.

I've seen it, and had it happen to me, but I can't get it to repeat -
which tells me it is a memory or video memory resource issue.

Matthew Anderson, PE

sjlidster wrote:
> Ive created a pretty large surface using points and breaklines. When I try to swap edges I get to do 2 or 3 and then the surface disappears. I then have to restart Autocad to make it visible again. Regenerating or changing the style do not bring it back up. I am working in Civil 3D 2009. Has anyone else come across this? It seems to just be a graphics issue as the actual surface is not being deleted.
>
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You are not alone, it did happened to me few times and I agree that it may be hardware related. I haven't had a chance to try it but if it happen again I'd try running audit. The audit command fixed the disappearing annotative text problem in the earlier release...worth a try.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report