AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

RDW
RDW
Message 1 of 2 (58 Views)

Surface creation

58 Views, 1 Replies
12-02-2004 08:33 AM
I’ve noticed that in Civil 3D, creating a surface from contour data requires turning off / removing all data but the contours as there is no option to “select contours by layer” as in LDDT.

Am I missing something obvious?
*Dave Simeone
Message 2 of 2 (58 Views)

Re: Surface creation

12-02-2004 01:22 PM in reply to: RDW
Howdy - Unfortunately this is a known limitation with R2005. We've got this listed as a requirement for future releases. For now you can isolate the layer OR use the AutoCAD selection set functionality (ie, build a selection set before running the command and then use the selection set when promoted to select plines). Thanks DAS "RDW" wrote in message news:12021516.1102005211102.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I've noticed that in Civil 3D, creating a surface from contour data requires turning off / removing all data but the contours as there is no option to "select contours by layer" as in LDDT. > > Am I missing something obvious?
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!