Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface Created From Grading

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
482 Views, 4 Replies

Surface Created From Grading

Could someone please share some insight on why my grading tool is not creating the entire surface as it should. It's a parking lot devided into divisions as shown in attached photo. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Wild stab in the dark, but maybe you have feature lines that overlap but have different elevations?

I personally haven't graded a parking lot before, but I've helped officemates grade gas stations. What we do is use points for the pavement and only use feature lines for building pads. Makes it so you don't have to worry about two feature lines having different elevations.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

I double checked all my PI elevations and they are exactly where I want and need them. That's a really good option With using points! I was about to head into that direction after reading your post but thought I would try one more thing....which worked! Instead of creating 1 featureline all the way across my parking lot, I recreated all my linework using individual lines per segmanted line. I'm not sure if this is the most ideal way of dealing with this issue, but, at this point, I can move forward with my project.

Thanks for steearing me into the right direction! 

Message 4 of 5
Joe-Bouza

using sites effectivly will elliminate the possibilty of FL verts being out of sync

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
Joe-Bouza

are you using projection gradings or infills?
Not seeing your planimetric I could only guess about the interior.
But we have had great success with an outter Fline/ infill, and add the interior FL in the same site to shape it.

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report