Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface Corridor problem

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
lex.kools
494 Views, 21 Replies

Surface Corridor problem

Dear all, 

I have a problem.

My daylight has a 45% slope for cut and fill. I created a corridor surface. When i check the cross section it is touching the exisiting surface within 10 meters. If i check the surface overview, a surface is created even 50 meters. 

As you can see on the total overview, the surface is connecting, even if the daylight connects with the exisiting surface already. 

I hope somebody can help me

CR2.png

CR1.png

CR3.png

21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
lex.kools
in reply to: lex.kools

Im using the DaylightMultiIntercept.. i can't find a daylight with only a few options. 

has to be 45 degree slope and cut 

CR4.png

As you can see below, a surface is being add, even after the 45 degree daylight touches the exisiting surface. 

CR5.png

Message 3 of 22
Jay_B

I can't follow from the captions posted what's happening but in the DaylightMultiIntercept caption you have posted, be aware that the "Intercept Number" is set to 10. This means that The daylight slope could encounter the EG surface up to 10 times cutting through the EG.

If you want the DaylightMultiIntercept to daylight where it first encounters the EG surface set the "Intercept Number" value to 1.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 4 of 22
doni49

You have "Intercept Number" set to 10.  That means that it will cross the target surface 9 times and continue ot seek the surface a 10th time.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 5 of 22
lex.kools
in reply to: doni49

I have changed it from 10 -> 1 but nothing changed. I have re-all and the surface is on rebuild automatic. 

Message 6 of 22
Jay_B

Have you applied a Boundary to the Surface?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 7 of 22
lex.kools
in reply to: Jay_B

Only at the corridor i added the "Add automatticaly -> Daylight" 

It is strange because in the cross sections the daylight touches and stops when it crosses with the exisiting surface. 

CR6.png

Message 8 of 22
Jay_B

Your screen shots are very busy and it looks like it might possibly be a Surface Boundary issue.

Try applying the corridor surface boundary using the "Corridor extents as outer boundary" option.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 9 of 22
lex.kools

Nothing changed.. 

Message 10 of 22
lex.kools

Can something in here be the problem? 

CR7.png

Message 11 of 22
lex.kools

I've rebuild everything again.. and same thing happens. 

As you can see in the object viewer, it automaticly makes all slopes 45 degree.. 

CR8.png

Message 12 of 22
doni49

@lex.kools wrote:

I've rebuild everything again.. and same thing happens. 

As you can see in the object viewer, it automaticly makes all slopes 45 degree.. 

Your assembly properties tell it to use slopes of 1:1.  That will create 45 degree slopes.  Is that your concern or that it's going too far?

Also if you are setting intercept to one, why do you need to use MULTIintercept?

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 13 of 22
lex.kools
in reply to: doni49

Concern is that it's going too far yes. 

Which other daylight do you suggest? They all have alot of options.. 

Message 14 of 22
lex.kools

Small bump.. 

Message 15 of 22
Jay_B

Sorry but I don't have anything more to add without seeing the file and more details regarding design intent.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 16 of 22
lex.kools

I tried using the Link to surface option in the assembly and i found this in my research:

I've added 2 red lines in paint. As you can see the 45 degree slope from the left doesnt meet the surface and goes UNDER the road above. 

I can upload the file for you if you have time to take a look. 

CR1.png

Message 17 of 22
lex.kools

This seems to be strange too.. maximum grade/slope 1510.52%..

CR2.png

Message 18 of 22
Ed-Hovsepyan

I saw your surface of corridor ,In my opinion the problem is triangulation

Message 19 of 22
lex.kools
in reply to: Ed-Hovsepyan

And what is your suggestion to solve this?
Message 20 of 22
Ed-Hovsepyan

Try this. (see attached)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report