Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface Boundary Problem - Help Please!

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
tbrown
718 Views, 4 Replies

Surface Boundary Problem - Help Please!

We are widening an exisitng runway and do not want to show countours on the exisitng pavement. I was trying to use a polyline to create a boundary between the existing and new pavement so I could just "hide" the tin lines within the boundary. I added the boundary in the future ground surface and get "holes" within the boundary where the tin lines are still there. I have attached a picture of the problem and what I selected in the "Add Boundaries" Dialogue box. Any help or advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Tiffany

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
sboon
in reply to: tbrown

Try offsetting your polyline just slightly to the inside of the hole that you're trying to create in the surface, and make sure that the non-destructive option is turned on.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 5
tbrown

Hey that worked perfectly, Thanks! Tiffany Brown, IE | Design Engineer Alfred Benesch & Company | 3226 Kimball Avenue, Manhattan, KS 66502 P 785-539-2202 | F 785-539-2393 | E tbrown@benesch.com | W www.benesch.comThe information contained in this message may be privileged, confidential, protected from disclosure or subject to copyright/patent protection. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.
Message 4 of 5
sboon

You are welcome.

If the answer has solved your problem then please use the "Accept as Solution" button so that others can find it using the forum search tools.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 5 of 5
BrianHailey

I would recommend that you don't use a boundary as that will remove the surface from that area. If you are doing profiles or volumes or whatever, there won't be any surface there. If you are just trying to hide your contours, don't use a boundary, use a mask instead.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report