Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface Boundary only showing portion of surface within the boundary

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
d.kaetterhenry
477 Views, 3 Replies

Surface Boundary only showing portion of surface within the boundary

I used a 2d polyline to create a surface boundary for a surface created.  The polyline is a closed loop.  For the boundary type it is outer, unchecked Non-destructive breakline, and mid-ordinate distance = 1.

My problem is that when I do this I only get a small portion of the surface to show up within my surface boundary.  If I don't have a surface boundary the entire drawing surface shows up no problem.

The purple polyline is my boundary and the light blue is the surface created within the boundary.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I see this sometimes.  Have you made sure that your outer boundary is last on the surface definition list?  If so, I might also try a 'mapclean' of your boundary polyline, try leaving 'Non-destructive breakline' checked when you create your outer surface boundary, and make sure all the points you want to include in your surface are definitely included in the point group you're using.

HTH.

Message 3 of 4
tcorey
in reply to: d.kaetterhenry

More detail would help us find a solution to this issue.

What are the green lines that we see? Looks like TIN lines, but the islands don't connect.

What data were used to create the surface? Point groups? Contours? Breaklines? Can you make us an image with the surface data showing, along with the proposed boundary, but no other graphics?

Or

Post your drawing.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 4 of 4
JaelaDawn
in reply to: d.kaetterhenry

Here's my two cents: Does your 2D polyline have any duplicated vertices?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report