Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface and Point Group Fatal Errors

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
382 Views, 7 Replies

Surface and Point Group Fatal Errors

I am using C3D 2007 sp2 - recently any time I pick on a surface I have created or a point that is part of a point group the software pauses for a second and immediately gives me the fatal error - unhandled access violation reading 0x0000 exception at 5f9a82h.
This had never been a problem before and I would often pick on a point to see what group it was part of or picked on the surface to rotate it shaded.
If anybody has any ideas I would appreciate it.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

My first suggestion is to apply SP3.
Does this occur in any drawing or just some or one?

wrote in message news:5450806@discussion.autodesk.com...
I am using C3D 2007 sp2 - recently any time I pick on a surface I have
created or a point that is part of a point group the software pauses for a
second and immediately gives me the fatal error - unhandled access violation
reading 0x0000 exception at 5f9a82h.
This had never been a problem before and I would often pick on a point to
see what group it was part of or picked on the surface to rotate it shaded.
If anybody has any ideas I would appreciate it.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

I do actually have sp3 installed - just typed the wrong number, but the problem still happens in multiple drawings.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Mee too. What's the deal? Running Service Pack 3 for civil 3d & Service Pack 2a for the LDT companion
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Did you run the AUDIT command? Even if it reports fixed 0 erorrs it still seems to help at times.

I had a drawing containing 20 stockpile surfaces and their bases. Two surfaces seemed corrupt, everytime I moved a breakline I'd get a fatal error. I transferred the data to other software as I needed to meet a deadline and wasn't getting the results. When I had some time I retuned to Civil3D, deleted and redefined the two surfaces from scratch, the job seemed to run OK then. I also find I need to remove the outer boundary and redefine it for a surface ad nauseam, as everytime the surface gets edited it seems to ignore the outer boundary definition at some point.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

After consulting some peers it appears that the topology was corrupted in some way. The recommended fix was to export point groups as ascii files and all other data...surface, alignments, corridors, etc through landxml and import into a new clean file. This took about a half an hour and fixed the fatal errors... at least for now.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

I just started getting this error. The previous time this happened i completely removed C3D 07 and after reloading was fine for about two weeks. This morning I have run into the issue again. Hopefully someone has come across a way to fix this. I have Civil 3D 07 with SP 3.
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

I have found the issue for me is i use bluebeam software, and if i try to select a C3D object with the bluebeam loaded i get the fatal error, but if i go to the bluebeam administrator and uncheck the box for Civil 3D i can work with Civil objects with no issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report