Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface and Corridor

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
dedsresende
418 Views, 5 Replies

Surface and Corridor

Hi, I'm just learning Autocad Civil 3D for an specific project in my architecture office and I've been learning almost everything by watching video and reading tutorials, but there's one thing missing.

I've already created the corridors, and the surface of my terrain but I just don't know how to "update the surface with an proper interaction between the corridors and the surface. I need to create new curves to export them to Revit.

Please can anyone give me a sign?

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
emelendez
in reply to: dedsresende

There is some more information that is needed in order to provide additional direction. How did you create your proposed surface? How did you integrate the Corridor surface and the proposed surface? are the two that come to mind. Maybe post the file so others can explore the file a bit. There are probably a dozen ways to get the result you want.

Edwin Melendez
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 Certified Professional
Certification No. 00319327
Message 3 of 6
dedsresende

Hi,

I can't attach the file because It's bigger than the maximum allowed.

I've created the surface using the contours. The curves that I had.

And no, I didn't integrated them, because I don't know what does it mean, and how to do it.

Can you explain it to me please?

Thanks a lot.

Message 4 of 6
emelendez

So you added contours to the definition of your surface.....where did you get the contours from?

Typically when you create a corridor, you will then create a surface that represents the top surface of the corridor and it will be dynamically linked such that when the corridor changes, so will the surface.

Then you create a proposed surface that has a link to the corridor surface. then you "fill in" the blank areas of the surface for the limits outside the corridor limits.

Edwin Melendez
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 Certified Professional
Certification No. 00319327
Message 5 of 6
dedsresende
in reply to: emelendez

I've got the contours from a DWG file, a topographic survey.

How can I do alll these steps? Does you know any tutorial about this?

Thanks

Message 6 of 6
dgordon

there is a surface tab in the corridor properties dialogue box.   from there you can define a surface to be built from information provided by the corridor.   Instead of making a separate surface with the topo contours try adding them to the corridor surface instead.

once you create a corridor surface you will need to tell it what components of the assemblies it is to use to build the surface.   There are point objects and breaklines.   The first default screen takes you to the points objects first and has options like top surface and datum.   from the drop down menu the breakline objects can be toggled on and you can pick things like cl and eom.

Hope this helps.

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report