Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superimposed profile

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mkt
Enthusiast
1422 Views, 3 Replies

Superimposed profile

Hi

I have a problem with superimposing a profile to a profile view. The problem is that it only shows part of the superimposed profile. I believe the attached images speak for themselves. 

It appears that it only superimposes the spiral, but why should that matter?

Win 7

Civil 3D 2015

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
troma
in reply to: mkt

I'd have to see a closer look at the station values in plan and profile. But I suspect that one alignment isn't long enough to see the next PVI of the superimposed profile, so the superimposed profile gets truncated at the last visible PVI.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 4
mkt
Enthusiast
in reply to: troma

You might be right, but that would make the tool useless in almost every situation. 

I also encountered another problem. When I use MarkPoint and LinkToMarkedPoint it doesn't connect at all. The distance varies, but some places the distance is as much as 60 cm. The corridor also seems to make some weird connections between the assemble and the offset assembly. 

All help is greately appriciated. 

You can get the dwg file from  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/649020/Superimposed.dwg

Message 4 of 4
Bill_Myron
in reply to: mkt

The Alignment you are Superimposing the Profile into must be long enough for the PVI's of the Profile to be displayed in.

Just extend your Secondary Alignment To the extents of the PVI's and mask the parts of the Alignment you do no want to see.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report