AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Beth Schatz
Message 1 of 4 (140 Views)

superelevation

140 Views, 3 Replies
02-19-2004 03:15 AM
The cross sections do not display the correct cross slope for superelevated sections. I have redefined the templates and regions and checked the SE parameters. I have also edited the design control for each individual section. Still, the cross slope is not correct. Does anyone have any points or tips for additional settings I may have missed, or has anyone experienced the same problem? Any input would be welcome.
*Glen Albert
Message 2 of 4 (140 Views)

Re: superelevation

02-19-2004 04:21 AM in reply to: Beth Schatz
Beth, You're in the wrong newsgroup. This one is for the new Civil 3D program - which doesn't have road sections yet. Try posting to the autodesk.land-desktop newsgroup. Glen "Beth Schatz" wrote in message news:11740739.1077189348914.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > The cross sections do not display the correct cross slope for superelevated sections. I have redefined the templates and regions and checked the SE parameters. I have also edited the design control for each individual section. Still, the cross slope is not correct. Does anyone have any points or tips for additional settings I may have missed, or has anyone experienced the same problem? Any input would be welcome.
*Laurie Comerford
Message 3 of 4 (140 Views)

02-19-2004 12:12 PM in reply to: Beth Schatz
Hi Beth, When you Edit the Design Control for individual sections, the software assumes you know what you are doing and does not calculate those sections. [Cross-sections][Design control][Reset Design Control] will remove all your hand editing and allow the system to compute the Super-elevation. If your super-elevation is still not showing then there will be an error somewhere in your setup of the super-elevation. -- Laurie Comerford CADApps www.cadapps.com.au "Beth Schatz" wrote in message news:11740739.1077189348914.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > The cross sections do not display the correct cross slope for superelevated sections. I have redefined the templates and regions and checked the SE parameters. I have also edited the design control for each individual section. Still, the cross slope is not correct. Does anyone have any points or tips for additional settings I may have missed, or has anyone experienced the same problem? Any input would be welcome.
*wfb
Message 4 of 4 (140 Views)

02-19-2004 01:53 PM in reply to: Beth Schatz
Are you using the "Process Sections" after editing the design control? "Beth Schatz" wrote in message news:11740739.1077189348914.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... | The cross sections do not display the correct cross slope for superelevated sections. I have redefined the templates and regions and checked the SE parameters. I have also edited the design control for each individual section. Still, the cross slope is not correct. Does anyone have any points or tips for additional settings I may have missed, or has anyone experienced the same problem? Any input would be welcome.
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.