Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superelevation

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
dbussie
290 Views, 4 Replies

Superelevation

I have started looking into learning how to add superelevation to my corridor and have been a little bit overwhelmed.  We are a surveying firm that specializes in construction staking.  We are not a design firm.  What we do is take the plans and rebuild the model based on the information given to us.  For example, in the project that I'm using to practice with, we are given 6 sections and a table containing Minimum Radii for Design Superelevation Rates, Design Speeds and emax.  This is all I have to go off of to add the superelevation to my model.  I don't have a Design Criteria File or other things that Civil 3D is asking for.  What I need to know is how I accomplish what I need to with the information that I have.  Is there another option for adding in the superelevation other than "Calculate Superelevation"?  Any clarity on this that I could get would be a big help.  Thanks!

Desirea
FBL & Associates
Civil 3D 2014

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: dbussie

If getting some training isn't an option, Search youtube and watch some civil 3d superelevation videos, read the help and work through the tutorials re: superelevation.

Provided you have a good understanding of Civil 3d corridors, Assembly types and subbasssembly properties then applying superelevation isn't too difficult.
The default design criteria files based on AASHTO guidelines & should be on your computer as they get installed with Civil 3d. "Use criteria based design" must be enabled to utilize the available design criteria on Design Criteria Tab of Alignment properties.
Default design criteria file location: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D <version>\enu\Data\Corridor Design Standards\<units>

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 5
sboon

Can you post the table?  There is a tool available on the ribbon for creating and editing Design Criteria files so it might be possible for you to build one from what you have.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 4 of 5
dbussie
in reply to: sboon

Sure.  Here is the table provided in the plans.

Message 5 of 5
peterfunkautodesk

Try the "Autodesk Civil 3D Imperial (2004) Roadway Design Standards.xml" design standards file. This appears to match the values in your table, but they should be checked.

Regards,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report