Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SuperElevation Not Respoding

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
bozoli
1522 Views, 12 Replies

SuperElevation Not Respoding

Hi Evedryone,

I have a problem with my superelevation. everything is calculated accordingly but when i build my surface from corridor after i have calculated superelevation it does not show the results. Even my cross sections view still show a normal assembly cross section. It happaned on both C3d2011 and ad C3d3013. What might seem to be the problem?..its really frastratingSmiley Sad

thanx in advance

Bozoli 

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
BrianHailey
in reply to: bozoli

In your subassembly properties, make sure they are using the superelevation that you want them to use.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 13
onsionsi1

Make sure that you used Subassembley that applied superelevation like Pavement Generic as i can remember the name of it.

Please do not forget approve as solutions and Points
to Remember Please Accept as Solution and Kudos Please
Message 4 of 13
bozoli
in reply to: onsionsi1

Hi,

i have attached a pdf of my drawing in here,..and by checking the longsection u can see that there is superlevation but my contour surface still shows a normal cross section on the plan.

Message 5 of 13
wfberry

You say you have calculated the levels properly but your levels left and right do not reflect any "super" even though your diagram seems OK.

Bill

Message 6 of 13
bozoli
in reply to: wfberry

Bill,

this is exactly my problem, i have calculated "super" and the diagram seem OK, but when i road surface shows as if i have never calculated any "superelevation". because my left and right levels i have to read them from my road surface. this is really what frustrate me.

Bozoli

Message 7 of 13
BrianHailey

Have you gone into your subassembly properties and told your lanes to use the super elevation? If you don't do that, no super elevation will be applied.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 8 of 13
bozoli
in reply to: BrianHailey

Brian, maybe what you saying could be the problem. Can you please take me through on how do i tell my Subassembly lanes to use supaerelevation cause i cant seem to find that option the Subassembly Properties.

thanx

Message 9 of 13
onsionsi1

Here are the guide to apply SE through Subassembley

1- create assembley and rename it as you want

2- Go to tool palettes (Subassmbley)

3- Select GenericPavementStructure Subassembley

4- It will applied one of the edge of subassembley and may be by defualt in the right

5- select the subassembley (GenericPavementStructure) and right click 

6- select the subassembley properties

7- Go to parameters and at the (Use superelevation slope) select Right Outside Lane if the Lane is right or vise versa

2.jpg

Hopefully it will be clear for you.

Thank you

Please do not forget approve as solutions and Points
to Remember Please Accept as Solution and Kudos Please
Message 10 of 13
bozoli
in reply to: onsionsi1

Great..Problem solved,

Much appreciated for input guys..moving ryte along.

Message 11 of 13
Lisa_Pohlmeyer

I've run into this as well. Most of my roadways are two lanes and I've had to make sure the pavement section parameters are set to outside lanes.  Not sure I understand the logic, but it works.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 12 of 13
bozoli
in reply to: Lisa_Pohlmeyer

Very much rite Lisa,

there problem with my subassembly lanes was because i used LaneInsideSuper instead of LanesOutsideSuper. it was jus a choice of the correct subassebmly that got me stuck for two days.

Message 13 of 13
LeafRiders

I had a similar issue on this end, thanks to those who post on these boards to help others troubleshoot similar hang ups. Much appreciated everyone!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report