Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superelevation Glitch

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
acel-rok
196 Views, 1 Reply

Superelevation Glitch

Hi group, I have a corridor with superelevated curves.  The superelevation applies to the corridor / assemblies with no problems except on one particular curve at the BNC (begin normal curve) where the superelevated section is transitioning back to normal cross fall.  The corridor juumps/steps approx 2 inches. It's as if I have a change in assumbly at that point and one assembly supports superelevation and the other one doesn't.  However, there is no change in region at (or near) that point.  The superelevation view does not show up any problems.  I thought it may be due to the curve smoothing I am using so I reudced that - no difference.  I even tested to see if moving the BNC point 200 feet downstream would make a difference.  It reduced the step/jump but did not eliminate it.  I'm at a loss as to what is causing the glitch.

I'm not sure if would make any difference but I have two main corridors (one northbound and one soundbound).  Each one is distinct and uses separate assemblies for each.  There are no issues with the northbound corridor, only the southbound.

Thanks

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
acel-rok
in reply to: acel-rok

I've realised that by changing the rotation from "Inside Edge" to "Centre Baseline" it fixes the problem. I don't know why since it should still work so if anyone could explain that I would really appreciate it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report