Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superelevation and assembly slopes in Corridor

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rasmusre
751 Views, 4 Replies

Superelevation and assembly slopes in Corridor

Hi!

I've been working on a Corridor in Civil 3D. The project is a new walking and bicycle path which is connected to an existing road. The walking and bicycle path runs is about 300 m and rund over several entranes to a petrol staion, fire station etc. On the existring roadways I'd like to keep the current conditions with the samt slope. The curbs has to be re constructed to fit the bicycles.

My problem is how i can do the transistion from the slope of the new bicycle path and keep the slope of the existing roadways. I'd like to make a transition on the slope for about 10 meters. I've tried the Superelevation editor but I don't really understand the connection between the slope of the subassemblies and the superelevation. Since it's just a bicycle path the standard of the vertical geometry is low, therefore I'd like to disconnect the superelevation criteria (or just not use the superelevation editor at all if I could control it from the assemblies).

I dont' know if i've made it clear enough but I'll send a part pf the model as a image so you can sees what i'm talking about.

Glad for help!

Best Regards

Rasmus Regnstrand

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rasmusre
in reply to: rasmusre

Do anyone have any solution to this problem?

/Rasmus

Message 3 of 5
lkaliakatsos

Hi Rasmus,

I am not sure if I understand exactly the problem, so, I'll give it a shot.

You want to make the transition in the areas of vertical connections of the path with existing roadways.

If this is the case, I think that a good solution to achieve the result is to create Intersections between your path and the roadways in the connection points. Of course it means that you will have to model the existing roadways but you can get a fine corridor.

Message 4 of 5
rasmusre
in reply to: lkaliakatsos

Hi and thank you for your reply!

Yes, you've got the problem right. I was worried that I had to do intersections for each one of the roadways. I was hoping that it could be solved in an easier way than creating 7 new intersections for a bicycle path, but maybe it's hard.

I was thinking about exporting the edge of the bicycle path of the corridor as a feature line. Then set that line with transistions between the different assemblies. After that I could set the new line as target to the assemblies. I know that is a bad solution which propably won't turn out good but hey, that why I asked you guys. 😃

Thank you for your reply though. Maybe I'll have to create the new intersections!

Best Regards

Rasmus

Message 5 of 5
lkaliakatsos

Now that I know that you are aware of intersections, yes, I believe that you can also do the job with superelevation.

I also preferred this approach in cases where I wanted to avoid the "hassle" of intersections with a rough/fast solution.

You can use one of the "LaneOutsideSuper" subassembies in the assembly. You must then refine the alignment superelevation (manually) in the regions near the intersections to approach the expected slopes.

Regards,

Lambros

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report