Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

superelevated gutter

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
MonkeyTrainer
428 Views, 5 Replies

superelevated gutter

i have a superelevated road.

i have a road with a arc that curves to the left so, the gutter on the right is sloping towards the crown (positive slope.) i would like the gutter to slope away from the crown (negative slope.) how do i get the gutter to do this? i know it may sound weird to some, but i do need this to happen.

image attached, red arrow is what i don't need, cyan line is what i do need. 

thanks all,

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
troma
in reply to: MonkeyTrainer

Isn't there a setting to have this slope match the road slope?  I seem to remember being able to turn that off.  Then you can set your own slope or set it by the height differential you need.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 6
MonkeyTrainer
in reply to: troma

i tried messing with the "parameter editor" from the cross-section viewer of the particular stations i need it changed on but, it doesnt change the slope of the gutter. i can physically change the number in the column, but the slope of my gutter isnt changing. i am using the urbancurbguttergeneral sub.

Message 4 of 6
klugb
in reply to: MonkeyTrainer

You can lock in the gutter slope and ignore the lane slope.

Bruce Klug, P.E.
AutoCAD Expert Elite Alumni
AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Win 10 Enterprise, 64-bit
Message 5 of 6
troma
in reply to: klugb

I really feel the 'Gutter Slope' entry should be faded out to gray when the slope method is ignoring it.  Then it would force you to change the method, avoiding a lot of confusion.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 6 of 6
MonkeyTrainer
in reply to: troma

thanks everyone.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report