Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superelevarion levels for Right and Left road edge

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
godfreyagoro
738 Views, 5 Replies

Superelevarion levels for Right and Left road edge

Hi Everyone.

I am currently working  with Civil 3D and noticed my road edge profile do not reflect  the slopes of a superelevation since some right and left edge points should be higher or lower than the centerline.I have attached my civil 3d file.  I would really appreciate if you could  help me with this one. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Godfrey

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jay_B
in reply to: godfreyagoro

Godfrey,

In order for Civil 3d to apply the superelevation the "Use Superelevation" Parameter must be specified within all subassemblies related to the superelevation.

use super.PNG

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 6
godfreyagoro
in reply to: Jay_B

Hi Jay. 
Thank you for you reply. I have specified it in the sub assemblies(By removing the none option) but it is still giving me the same values.
Regards. Godfrey AgoroCivil and Structural Engineer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.
E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 6
Jay_B

Did you apply Use Superelevation Patrameter such as Outside Lane Right & Outside Lane Left etc. to each of the 2 subassemblies on the Right & Left?

Also did you Rebuild the Corridor?

It seems to honor the superelevation you've provided in your dwg correctly here when I complete all the above steps.

super elev.PNG

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 5 of 6
Jay_B

Godfrey,

Take a look at the attached dwg.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 6 of 6
godfreyagoro

Hi Jay_B

Thank you for your help. I am now able to do it. Sorry for my late reply.

Regards,

Godfrey.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report