Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super subassembly

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
om_gc
387 Views, 7 Replies

Super subassembly

I've a undivided roadway w curb and gutter on each side. The roadway is super elevated (on tangent no hz curve) at some stretch and crowned on the rest. Ive left and right tc profile for entire alignment and cl for crowned section.
What subassembly and constraints shall I use for super elevated section so that Ill achieve same x slope on both left and right pavement( tc profile known).

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Jay_B
in reply to: om_gc

The LaneSuperelevationAOR should work, you may find this Being Civil, "When is a Curve Not a Curve?" post helpful.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 8
om_gc

Thanks jay. I looked at it and it seems like the post talk about super pivoting about cl. In my case I need to follow the tc profiles and calculate the xslope and probably extract cl elev.

Thanks
Message 4 of 8
JonVinci

Shouldn't most lane sections achieve this? Set superelevation needs in the alignment manually, and then make sure your subassemblies are marked to follow the superelevations in the properties?

Maybe I'm not following you.
Message 5 of 8
om_gc
in reply to: JonVinci

In the attached sketch the cross slope x% is unkownn and varies with the left and right TC. Hope this clarifes the question.

thanks

Message 6 of 8
Jay_B

In most cases the Assembly marker would be at the centerline referencing the centerline alignment and centerline FG profile and the software calculates  the "known" TC values in your sketch. The centerline could easily be derived from these known TC elevations.

Then top of curb profiles are created and shown in profile views etc. for reference.

We have to show top of curb rather than Centerline for certain clients but the entire design is based on centerline, which the software is set up to use as the basepoint for Superelevation IMO.

There might be other ways of going about this but for a superelevated undivided road design such as this, the pivot about centerline works well.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 7 of 8
om_gc

In normal circumstances centerline is used. In my case I am matching an existing street that has 8% slope and therefore need for superelevation in the new street. Is there anything that is Equivalent to MicroStation Geopak Vector slope constraint?
Message 8 of 8
Jay_B

I'm not familiar with MicroStation Geopak Vector slope constraints.

If you're simply trying to fit/warp this superelevation between left and right (fixed) constraint then create Lt & Rt. edge of pavement profiles by copying the TC profiles you have and use the raise/lower to lower them the `0.5 or whatever and Target these edges of pavement with the LaneSuperelevationAOR subbassembly or any suitable lane sub. which supports "outside elevation" target parameters.

These are then targeted from within Corridor Properties on the Parameters tab.

Still going to need the centerline fg profile assigned at assembly marker in this case.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report