Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super elevetation sections

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
DimitarPavlov
248 Views, 3 Replies

Super elevetation sections

When I start the Superelvation it ask me about the typical lane slope - 2,50% in this case. 

After it, how to add sections with different lane slope? I crate new assembly with the new lane slope - 3,50% and add new section in the corridor - but the lane slope remains -2,50.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
markkco
in reply to: DimitarPavlov

First, let's clear something out.

Superelevation is a property of alignment.

As for Assembly, it is important that subassembly you want to superelevate supports superelevation, and it is irrelevant what slopes you applied on that subassembly. Just remember What code to use for superelevation.Superelevation_subasssembly.JPG

Select Subassebly and in properties palette, under Superelevation property, select Superelevation code.

After setting all your subassemblys opet Superelevation tabular editor for alignment you are creating it for.Superelevation_Tabular.JPG

Add stations manualy by hitting white cross and set desired slopes for every code you set previously in subassembly.

Message 3 of 4
DimitarPavlov
in reply to: markkco

At first I create superelevation for only one curve.

And when I opened the superelevation tabular editor it was create all the curves in - but with no data. And when I try to add manual station it put it under the first curve. Basicly it worked that way - I want at station 0+000 lane slope to be -3,50% and to be normal slope at 0+022. It worked - but in a fact 0+000 is outside the fisrt curve - but it goes under it. Maybe I am not doing it right - but it worked that way.

Message 4 of 4
markkco
in reply to: DimitarPavlov

If you are manually setting superelevation in critical stations all of them are seated under first curve, that is correct, and your corridor model will be correct.

It is intended that civil calculates superelevation using wizard. In that case civil calculates superelevation for every curve you have in your alignment, based on design speed and geometry properties of curves. Then you get automatic critical stations placed in every curve.

Purpose of superelevation is to elevate roadway outer lane edges in curves because of centrifugal force pushing vehicles out. That's why tabular editor shows Curves as main categories.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report