Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super elevation transition regions issues

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
859 Views, 2 Replies

Super elevation transition regions issues

Hi,

Am having problems achieving minimum superelevation run off length. The minimum required is 56m (see manual excerpt in the first attachment). I've circled the column for the circular curve radii and also my design speed column (100 Km/h). My run off after calculating the superelevation is about 28 m (20.6 + 7.4)m-see second attachment. I thought i had set everything right in the design criteria editor and i'm using AASHTO metric 8% max superelevation table because it's similar to the manual am using. How do I get the required run off length in my design? Your help will be highly appreciated.

Another quick querry, if u look at the 2500m radius, the superelevation rate is 2.1% for 100Km/h design speed and my normal crossfall is 2.5%. Could that be an error in the manual?  How can the superelevation be less than the normal crossfall. I tried changing it to at least RC or 2.5% in the design criteria file but it remains at 2.1 in all 2500m radius curves after recalculation. What could be the problem?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
HorizontalCurveGuy
in reply to: Anonymous

You can enter the Tabular Editor and adjust the length
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: HorizontalCurveGuy

Thanks, but i anted to edit it in the design criteria file and recalculate superelevation for all the curves at once

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report