Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Elevation in Transition Curve

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
GZE
Advocate
1280 Views, 5 Replies

Super Elevation in Transition Curve

Am designing a rural road with many transition curves, I have set 100% superelevation runoff on spiral curve. This works fine but supelevation runoff doesnt begins at the begining of the spiral (TS) as seen in the attached image, i know this can be adjusted manualy but there are so many curves is there a way or any trick to make superelevation runoff begins exactly at the begining of spiral curve?

We use three criterias to calculate spiral length this problem appears when superelevation runoff is not the critical determinant of spiral length.

Humphrey GZE
Civil 3D 2013 64bit SP1
Elitebook 8540w
Core i7 2.8GHz, 8Gig RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX880
160Gb SSD
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
sboon
in reply to: GZE

Not sure that I understand - you want the length of superelevation transition to match the length of spiral?

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 6
GZE
Advocate

Steve

I dont want the transition to match with the spiral, I want transition to begin at the begining of the spirar as per attached image. Currently full super elevation is attained at the begining of the curve I want it to be attained even within a spiral if the spiral length is longer than the required superelevation runoff.

Humphrey GZE
Civil 3D 2013 64bit SP1
Elitebook 8540w
Core i7 2.8GHz, 8Gig RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX880
160Gb SSD
Message 4 of 6
sboon

Select an alignment then open the Design Criteria Editor from the context ribbon.  From there you should be able to open the xml file which is used to calculate various values used for superelevation, among other things.  If you expand on the Superelevation Attainment Methods group you can see the formulas used to calculate the various lenghts.

For more detailed information you should locate and open the same xml file in a text editor.  You will find comments added to the file which explain the formulas and variables.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 5 of 6
keivn

Hi, GZE

Did you manage to get the runoff to start at the begining of the spiral? I have the same problem trying to get round it.

Message 6 of 6
GZE
Advocate
in reply to: keivn

yes i found a solution

i used _"Autodesk Civil 3D 2012 Road Design Standards UKIE" with few modifications to suit our standards

Humphrey GZE
Civil 3D 2013 64bit SP1
Elitebook 8540w
Core i7 2.8GHz, 8Gig RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX880
160Gb SSD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report