Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscription Productivity Tools for AutoCAD® Civil 3D® 2013 LIVE

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
dsimeone
3699 Views, 12 Replies

Subscription Productivity Tools for AutoCAD® Civil 3D® 2013 LIVE

Hi everyone -

The first wave of Productivity Tools for AutoCAD® Civil 3D® 2013 have gone live on Subscription Center. This is a collection of tools and content supporting regional and/or industry specific workflows that can be downloaded and installed by Civil 3D subscription customers to help you address targeted workflows.

The following extensions are available for Civil 3D 2013 today. Note that they are essentially ports of the Civil 3D 2012 version which are already available on subscription center…

• Corridor Solids Extraction
  • Borehole Utility
  • Cartogramma Utility
  • Import/Export Extension for GENIO
  • 12D Data Extension
  • Rural and Urban Road Subassemblies
  • PISTE Translator (French UI)
  • Clip/ISTRAM Translator (Spanish UI)

New for R2013 is the Extension for Civil View. This extension provides users with the ability to export additional Civil 3D model elements including gravity pipe networks and alignments. This tool should be used in conjunction with the Civil View export utility that is part of standard Civil 3D 2013.

Finally - we'd love your feedback on the Productivity Tools approach for delivering extensions to Civil 3D. Our goal is to provide you tools that address specific workflow requirements as they become available.

Dave Simeone (on behalf of the Autodesk Civil 3D product team)

Dave.Simeone

Product Line Manager, Autodesk Infrastructure Products
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
neilyj666
in reply to: dsimeone

What about Bridge modeller 2013 - Oh, I see what you've done there......Smiley Wink refer to screenshot

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 3 of 13
ToddRogers-WPM

How about an Update 1 ?!?!?!?!?  Shouldn't this be more important?!?!?!?

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 4 of 13
dsimeone
in reply to: neilyj666

Howdy - I can neither confirm nor deny anything related to bridge - this includes rumors that there is a beta version of bridge that works on Civil 3D 2013 that i can get you or others if you're interested in testing...

Cheers

Dave S

Dave.Simeone

Message 5 of 13
dsimeone
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

In past years, we've built the Civil 3D service pack(s) on top of AutoCAD and Map service packs. That puts us on a schedule that is dependent on these platform applications. I can't share details on plan/schedule for Civil 3D 2013 or these platform tools at this time.

Where possible, we'll provide hotfixes for high-priority issues. For example, Hotfix 1 is available to address a suvey and Navisworks interoperability issue. It's concievable that we'll provide something prior to launch of a larger service pack. Where looking at what's feasible and appropriate but i don't have any info i can share right now.

Thanks
Dave S

Dave.Simeone

Message 6 of 13
LeafRiders

Is everything from 2012 and 2011 Extension or Utilities also available in Civil 3D 2013? See Screenshot. 2012 attached. I would love additional information on what this provides ... "Rural and Urban Road Subassemblies"

Message 7 of 13
neilyj666

I'm not seeking confirmation or denial of bridge modeller compatibility for 2013, I'm just pointing out that it exists in the zip file and you may want to arrange for it to be removed..!!!

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 8 of 13
dsimeone
in reply to: LeafRiders

Hi - Not all of the R2012 tools are available yet for R2013. As things becoem available we'll message out. Let me know via email if there's anything in particular your waiting on.

Cheers

Dave S

Dave.Simeone

Message 9 of 13
dsimeone
in reply to: neilyj666

Now I understand! The problem is being addressed - Thanks for the heads up.

Note to others - please don't try this beta version of the bridge modeler for R2013. If you're interested in evaluating/testing it, please contact me directly.

Thanks!

DAS

Dave.Simeone

Message 10 of 13
Cadguru42
in reply to: LeafRiders

@LeafRiders wrote:

I would love additional information on what this provides ... "Rural and Urban Road Subassemblies"

I was also curious, but from what I read from the PDF for the tools it's only German subassemblies.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 11 of 13
EECylwik

The cartogramma plugin is great, I think i'm one step closer to getting completely away from other dirt estimating programs. I do have one question though...

Is there a way to change the volume units for the cartogramma extension? I want my drawing in feet, but all of our estimators are used to seeing quantities in cubic yards, not cubic feet.

Thanks,

Eric

Message 12 of 13
EECylwik

Has anyone run into install error code 2343 when installing the Cartogramma tool?

Message 13 of 13
kbarnettza
in reply to: EECylwik

YES! I did an hour ago .. what is it? how did you solve it? I get error 2343 .. installation appears to finish then .. it is not available in toolspace - not installed?!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report