Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subdivision T-intersections

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
danielh78
254 Views, 4 Replies

Subdivision T-intersections

Hi all,

Have a question about simplying intersection design within subdivisions.  I've tried the intersection wizard - and while a great tool, I can't get it to preform the design I need it to.  I've been able to replicate the design needed through feature lines, but it takes many features and is a timely process.  When you have quite a few intersections within each development, it would be nice to have a quicker way of modeling each. 

The design I'd like to streamline is a warped intersection, where the crown of the through road is maintained and the street (local) intersecting centerline and lower curb/gutter line is warped 50' prior to the valley gutter of the through road (please see the attached PDF).

Is there a setting I am missing when using the wizard to create this type of warp?  When I run the wizard, the intersecting street maintains it's crown up until the curb return which is much closer than the desired 50'.  Or, is there a way to streamline the process without needing to create multiple (7) feature lines?  Any insight, or feedback on how the community models these intersections would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks to all!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Neilw_05
in reply to: danielh78

You are stuck with having to create profiles for the edge of pavement, use super elevation or use featureline targets to warp the cross slope. Modeling intersections can be a tedious job in cases where the wizard tool doesn't meet your needs.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 3 of 5
Joe-Bouza

You know the wizard provides for selecting a user defined profile, right?
Build to default and then tweak the wizard to your layouts

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
Joe-Bouza

I would make the rerun alignment long enough to cover the side road cross slope and return in 1. Assign alignment and profiles accordingly

Joe Bouza
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
Joe-Bouza

Return

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report