Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subdivision Grading Design

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
SDCdrafter7
870 Views, 1 Reply

Subdivision Grading Design

Hi All,

I am new grading using Civil 3D and I was hoping for some tips or any information  that might help me out grading a simple 8 lot subdivision with one cul-de-sac street.  I have the corridor for the street created but now I want to grade the house pads and have them linked with the corridor.  What are the steps in getting the grading from the corridor up a 2% slope driveway to a finished garage elevation for the house?  Once that is done for each house, how do I get the grading to appear between the houses?  Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Corey

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: SDCdrafter7

Assuming your cooridor models to back of sidewalk you can create a FL from cooridor (see FL palette) move to a logical site and start grading.
One this I would encourage is making a new surface FG and paste the corridor suface into it. (don't pollut the corridor surface with other grading data)

You may inevitably find temporary surfaces usefull. report back.
grade small sections and keep pasting into FG it a lot to spell out in a post ( ex: lot 8 may not care what lot 1 is diong) but the gradings off the corridor should get you going. This post might help

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/Dynamic-linking/m-p/4480231#M218793
Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report