Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subbassemblies

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
scott.clark
269 Views, 6 Replies

Subbassemblies

Anyone have some good suggestions on what Civil subassemblies to use to create this assembly?

I am mostly having issues with the shoulder behind the curb on each side. I have the proper curb and can get the lanes.

Maybe this is too broad of a quiestion. 

Any suggestions would be helpful. 

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

4-4-2012_8-46-10_AM.png

Todd Rogers
Message 3 of 7

You might have to use a conditional subassembly for some of it, and the urban sidewalk under the Curbs tab.

Todd Rogers
Message 4 of 7
sboon
in reply to: scott.clark

GenericPavementStructure would likely work for most of the rectangular shapes on the left side - topsoil, gravel and sidewalk.  The biggest problem will be the steps on the inside of your shoulders where the gravel projects out below and behind the curbs.  Your best bet would be to attach a ShoulderVerticalSubbase at the curb.  Make it just wide and deep enough to match the outside of the gravel below it then attach a ShoulderExtendAll to that, with the full depth of subbase and extending out to the proper width.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 5 of 7
scott.clark
in reply to: sboon

Thanks Steve, that seam to work. I am posting a shot of what I have built. It has a small gap under the curb because the curb bottom is flat and the base is 2%. I need the base to be at 2% because that is the way they will build it, then form the curb on the top. This shouldn't affect the template in anyway correct?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks Again

Message 6 of 7
sboon
in reply to: scott.clark

It should work OK, but I'm curious about why you didn't use the subbase which is part of the curb subassembly.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 7 of 7
scott.clark
in reply to: sboon

I agree steve. see the attached image. 

If I had that same subassemly with another layer under it that would do as shown in the image I would be good.

I need to report top of base surface as shown by the green line. which I think would be possible with this. But

I also need to report a surface for top of subbase, which would end at the edge of travel lane.

The small notch because of the depth of the front edge of the curb is the killer. (its not imarative that it be there so that is why I used the 150 depth for the front edge and extended the base and subbase layers out under it, that way it would give me the proper info. as shown in the other image)

If you have another suggestion on that I'm all ears.

Thanks

Scott

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report