Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subassembly with subgrade overhang

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
cneely
639 Views, 4 Replies

Subassembly with subgrade overhang

I'm creating an assembly for an alley and have a subgrade extension of 1' either side. I have been using the GenericPavementStructure for the subgrade but was hoping there is a subassembly that is more ideal. Thanks.

AEC Collection 2022
WIN 10 PRO
Dell 3650, Intel i9-11900k @ 3.50GHz, 64 GB
NVIDIA QUADRO RTX 4000
http://www.cobbfendley.com
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
sboon
in reply to: cneely

I'm going to need a sketch to understand what you're trying to do.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 5
cneely
in reply to: sboon

Here's a screencap of the assembly I'm currently using. It's the Basic Lane subassembly and the GenericPavementStructure with the Generice subassembly having a foot extra width to create the overhang. I'd like to use just one subassembly if possible but dont know how to acheive the extra foot of subgrade.

AEC Collection 2022
WIN 10 PRO
Dell 3650, Intel i9-11900k @ 3.50GHz, 64 GB
NVIDIA QUADRO RTX 4000
http://www.cobbfendley.com
Message 4 of 5
sboon

I can't think of a single sub that would do what you want, but there are a few things that you might do to make the assembly work a little better.  Rule of thumb #1 - avoid using the Basic subs.  They work OK for teaching people the basics of corridor construction but they're missing a lot of the features in the more complex subassemblies, and they really limit what you can do.

Clipboard01.png

I used a lane sub like you did, but atttached the GenericPavementStructure to the outside of it.  That allows me to use corridor targets to vary the lane width, but have the extra SubBase material maintain a constant width outside of that.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 5 of 5
fcernst

LaneOutsideSuperLayerVaryingWidth

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report